Manufacturing Engineering Apprenticeship
70% of the time will be spent on the job and the remaining 30% in the participating Institute of Technology (15 weeks/yr).

Manufacturing Technician Level 6 programme

2 Year programme - Manufacturing Technician Level 6 programme:
Job profile: A manufacturing technician will be required to provide technical support function for manufacturing operations, including troubleshooting equipment and process issues, validation and qualification of the manufacturing site.

Academic block release: 15 weeks per year.

2022 intakes: Apprenticeship contracts start in July/August 2022 for Galway-Mayo Institute of Technology, Munster Technological University, Limerick Institute of Technology & Institute of Technology Sligo.

Programme subjects

Year 1

Engineering Mathematics
Manufacturing Engineering
Computer Aided Design
Learning Innovation Skills
Electrical Science
Engineering Science
Industry Module 1

Year 2

Engineering Mathematics
Manufacturing Design of Fixtures
Maintenance & Safety
Manufacturing Automation
Manufacturing Engineering
Lean Manufacturing
Industry Module 2